Introduced by Rep. John L. Tuttle, Jr. (D) on April 11, 2008, this resolve:
1. Requires the employer and labor organizations designated in the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 39-A, section 151, subsection 1 to each submit to the Governor, no later than July 20, 2008, a list of no fewer than 12 names of proposed board members to the Workers' Compensation Board;
2. Requires the Governor to nominate, by February 1, 2009, 3 management representatives and 3 labor representatives to serve on the Workers' Compensation Board;
3. Requires incumbent members of the Workers' Compensation Board representing management and labor to resign their positions on the board effective no later March 1, 2009;
4. Establishes the conditions under which incumbent members of the board may be appointed under this resolve; and
5. Establishes the terms of the members appointed to the Workers' Compensation Board pursuant to this resolve.
Referred to the Labor Committee on April 11, 2008.
Received in the Senate on April 14, 2008.
Amendment offered by Sen. Ethan K. Strimling (D) on April 14, 2008. The amendment passed by voice vote in the Senate on April 14, 2008.
Passed by voice vote in the Senate on April 14, 2008.
Received in the House on April 14, 2008, the House RECEDED and CONCURRED to PASSAGE TO BE ENGROSSED as Amended by Senate Amendment "A" (S-625).
Passed by voice vote in the House on April 14, 2008.
Signed by Gov. John E Baldacci on April 16, 2008.
1) 2008 Legislative Document (House) 2318 (To Appoint Members to and Establish Terms for the Workers' Compensation Board) (Governor's Bill) by admin on January 1, 2001 Introduced in the House on April 11, 2008